12.11.2010

We Hunt Christmas Trees In Wyoming

In case anyone was wondering...you don't BUY Christmas trees here... you tromp out into the wilderness and cut one of your very own down. This year Daddy and I went with Granddad and got ours! Mommy had a pulled muscle so she and Sissy stayed home. Granddad came and got us, we piled in the truck and went up by Willow Lake to pick out the perfect one. I had a BLAST playing in the snow on the way to the trees!! After slogging through the snow (I have new snow boots this year!) and deciding which trees we were going to tackle, Granddad climbed half way up them and cut 2 down! We decided to take the White Pine this year, instead of the Lodgepole like last year. We got all the "stars" (lights) strung and finished hanging ornaments (above 3 feet, because Mommy and Daddy say I'll pull them down if I can reach them too easily) tonight. I think I had more fun going to GET the tree than decorating it. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me play with half the ornaments :( Oh well, maybe next year..either way, isn't it purdy!?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! The tree looks adorable (and you are totally smart for the 3 foot rule)! We have a fake tree because if I sent Alex out to chop down a tree, he would cut off his hand or break his neck. It wouldnt be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I think its a good thing you go fake from the sound of it...a broken hubby is soooo not worth the scent of evergreen lol!! Ades done really well with the tree so far...I even have wrapped presents under it that are intact!! Now THATS a Christmas miracle,lol!

    ReplyDelete