This is The Mom. I'm not really about asking for help in this way, but, like with my friend Amber and Ryan's little girl, Madeleine (linked post is updated with Mad's current status), I think this is something very important. So, I am hoping some of you can help - either with words of support, prayers, or financial donations. One of my friends, and sorority sisters, is in Tanzania, Africa, trying desperately to adopt a boy she fully considers her son - Prayden. She worked in an orphanage there throughout college, and felt an undeniable call from God to adopt this boy. She was told that the process would take 3-6 months, at the most. She worked and saved enough for that time, plus some. She is now into month 19. She has repeatedly been discriminated against, lied to by corrupt lawyers and officials, put off by the judge, and disrespected at every level. She has been so incredibly strong throughout each trial and tribulation, and she clearly has so much love for her son that it is heartbreaking she cannot bring him home to a life of opportunity and stability. Her mom has been supporting her since her savings ran out, since her visa does not allow her to work. If she were to do any work, it would be illegal and would jeopardize her adoption in the worst way. In the 20 months I've been following her journey, she hasn't once mentioned financial issues. She has not asked for charity or assistance for her own situation, and has always asked for prayers and support for adoption NPOs. It wasn't until this week that she finally said something to the world about the hardships and fear she and her family are experiencing.
I know most of us have little to no discretionary income, so anything you can do to help her on her journey would be so appreciated. Prayers, words of encouragement, 5$ even, it all makes a HUGE difference in her life, and the life of her son.
You can read her story, comment, or donate here:
Kusali To Pray
Amy is one of the strongest moms I know - even though she didn't come to Motherhood through the normal routes. She has seen more children go to God than anyone has a right to, and she is trying with all her might to help each child in any way she can. She is a courageous, kind, charitable Christian woman, and she is trusting in God to help her carry out this task He set her to. I hope we can help her on her journey - however we can.
Thank you, Audrey!
ReplyDelete