We spent a whole week in Florida again this year! A dear friend of the family, Wendy, was super a and got us a room at The Dolphin Hotel right on Walt Disney World property for the first three days - it was SO AWESOME! We could even see the fireworks at Epcot from our room's window!! We spent 4 whole days at Disney World this year, which was ahhhmazing, and we hit up Magic Kingdom (twice!!), Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. I even rode my very first rollercoaster!! The Barnstormer at Magic
Kingdom was my absolutely positively favorite ride from the whole trip! It was a little damp there, since Tropical Storm Debby Downer (e.g. hurricane...) poured rain on us most of the days we were in the FL, but thanks to our handy-dandy stroller rain covers we stayed nice and dry. After The Dolphin we met up with Granddad Tom, Gaga Nonnie, Aunt Allie, Uncle Tyler, Emma, and Reese at a wonderful timeshare off-park. We loved seeing everyone! Since we were there for so long, we have a TON of pictures...so we're thinking we'll have to do two separate posts, just FYI ;) It'll be quite a while before we venture to DW again, so we're glad we got to really explore and ride all our favorite rides this go-round.
The view from our room - the fireworks were right over the Eiffel Tower replica you see in the right 1/3 of the pic! We also got to sleep in our very own Queen size bed. We could probably have managed with a twin (p.s. it only looks like I'm suffocating, this is why Mama won't let me have real blankets in bed, I tend to smash my face...)
Waiting to get on a bus to go to Downtown Disney! It was really nice to not have to take a car to any of the parks etc. - just walk out of the hotel and hop on!
Sis wasn't too sure about the T-REX restaurant Daddy picked for lunch. About every 20 minutes the whole place darkened and a "meteor" hit the place causing all the life-size animatronic dinosaurs to roar and flip out. It took Mama and Daddy most of the meal to get her relatively calmed down....Lady of Lady and the Tramp, and her Build-a-Bear Dinosaur, Pinkalicious, might have helped, some...
The next day we hit up Magic Kingdom!! We got to ride all our favorite rides - some twice!! My favorite was the Enchanted Tikki Room and, of course, The Barnstormer rollercoaster was Sis'! If you look in the second car in the middle of The Barnstormer sign you can see Sis and Daddy!
After all the rides we did MORE shopping, and got to see Snow White and one of our favorites, Mary Poppins!!

You certainly pick some awesome things to like at Disney World! The Tikki room was one of my favorite things I saw there and it was fun too! Ya know, when I was in High school, way back in my younger days- before I knew your mom & dad of course. I bet you got as excited meeting Mary Poppins as much as I did when I met Goofy for the 1st & probably only time, ever :( He's my favorite! Sounds like you girls had a great time & I can't wait to see more pictures!!
ReplyDelete<3 and big ol hugs!
~Erin