7.19.2013

California, California...Here We Coooommme!

We decided last minute (read, the night before we left...) to go "home" for Memorial Day this year! Adelaide was, of course, born there, but I've clearly never been and it was high time we went back as a family. So, we took 5 days and drove through Vegas to Carlsbad, San Diego, and then up to Disneyland for a final treat! It was incredible - I've never had so much fun! We spent time at the beach (my first encounter with WAVES!! ...See the video *below* on the website, it will make your day and don't forget to mute the sound...The first time was not my favorite. After that there was nothing better!!), met up with some of Mama's old work friends, ate at almost all Mama and Daddy's favorite places, and generally enjoyed hanging out as a family. The second half of the trip, Disneyland, was awesome of course too - and we got a special surprise when we arrived: Grandma Debdeb met us!! But that will all come in a second post! For now, enjoy the beauty of us, the beach, and pure happiness!


WE LOVE THE OCEAN!

On the road again...

We've been to New York, NY...in Vegas


A thing of beauty is a joy forever

*collective sigh* ahhhhhhhhh

We're here!


Da BEEEEEEAAAACCCCHHH!!!



AHH! A WAVE!!!!!





She sells sea shells down by the sea shore!



Morris Family Footprints






And now, we EAT.

In N Out

King's Fish House


Ruby's!


An Afternoon at Laguna Beach!






Then short stop at Bass Pro Shop to meet the boys of Duck Dynasty...


... and ON TO DISNEYLAND!!! ...

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you 2 had so much fun on your impromptu family trip back to where mama, daddy & Adelaide's life really officially started together as a family! Not gonna lie, I'm more than a little jealous that you got to visit all the yummy food places your mommy & I experienced together. She probably didn't mention this on your visit to Ruby's but the very first day we met(back in 2003? for a deployment homecoming) we went to Ruby's for lunch! I'm also a big fan of King's Fish House and we took my mommy and sister when they came to visit me when I was living all alone in California during a deployment(the last one I ever went through actually- your mommy too but for different reasons...) Glad to hear ya finally warmed up to liking the ocean Harleigh, it is a beautiful thing!
    Hope you two are having a great summer so far and are being good & nice to each other! Make sure mama keeps taking lots of fun pictures of all your awesome summer time fun & keeps us all updated on Facebook & Instagram with your sweet faces!
    I think your next family road trip should be to towards the East coast. I used to live in both South & North Carolina and they both have some pretty nifty beaches and good food can be found any where. If you're daring enough for Japanese cuisine I can definitely get you some yummy places to go...and of course as always I really really REALLY need to meet you 2 cutie pies before you get all big and super toddler like past the cutie pie stage ;)
    Big Ohio Love and Hugs to you both--and mommy too! Hi Audrey, miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete